Pakoda or Pakora is a popular evening/teatime snack. Simple and easy to make, there are many variations to this snack.
Radish – 2 cups, grated
Bengal Gram Dal – 2 cups
Rice Flour – 1/4 cup
Paneer – 1/2 cup, grated
Onions – 2, finely chopped
Garam Masala Powder – 2 tsp
Saunf Powder – 1 tsp
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Add a pinch of salt to the grated radish and keep aside for a few minutes.
2. Drain all the water and gently squeeze dry any excess.
3. Soak the dal for 2 to 3 hours.
4. Grind to a coarse batter.
5. All the radish, rice flour, paneer, onions, spices and salt.
6. Mix well.
7. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
8. Dry small portions of the dough and fry until golden brown.
9. Remove and drain excess oil.
10. Serve with mint chutney or sauce.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !