Pakoda or Pakora is a popular evening/teatime snack. Simple and easy to make, there are many variations to this snack.
Radish – 2 cups, grated
Bengal Gram Dal – 2 cups
Rice Flour – 1/4 cup
Paneer – 1/2 cup, grated
Onions – 2, finely chopped
Garam Masala Powder – 2 tsp
Saunf Powder – 1 tsp
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Add a pinch of salt to the grated radish and keep aside for a few minutes.
2. Drain all the water and gently squeeze dry any excess.
3. Soak the dal for 2 to 3 hours.
4. Grind to a coarse batter.
5. All the radish, rice flour, paneer, onions, spices and salt.
6. Mix well.
7. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
8. Dry small portions of the dough and fry until golden brown.
9. Remove and drain excess oil.
10. Serve with mint chutney or sauce.