Basmati Rice – 300 gms
Methi (Fenugreek Leaves) – 6 to 8 bunches, finely chopped
Coconut Milk – 300 ml
Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
Cloves – 3
Cumin Seeds – 1 1/2 to 2 tsp
Green Chillies – 5, slit lengthwise
Ghee as required
Salt as per taste
Cashewnuts – few, fried in little ghee (optional)
1. Soak the basmati rice for an hour.
2. Heat ghee in a pressure pan over medium flame.
3. Add the cumin seeds, cloves and cardamom powder.
4. Fry for 30 to 45 seconds.
5. Add green chillies and methi.
6. Stir well.
7. Add the coconut milk and soaked rice.
8. Add some salt and mix well.
9. Pour 3 to 4 cups of water (adjust accordingly if you are using the water used to soak rice).
10. Stir well and cover with a lid.
11. Pressure cook until 2 whistles or until the rice is cooked. Garnish with cashew nuts, if using.
12. Serve warm with side dish of choice.
Tip: Pachadi/Raita make great side dish.