A simple and tasty appetizer with dried figs.
Anjeer (Dried Figs) – 2 to 3, soaked, drained, chopped
Green Chillies – 1/2 tsp, chopped
Ginger – 1/4 inch piece, peeled, finely chopped
Onions – 1/2, small, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Chat Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Paneer – 1 tblsp, grated
Hung Curd – 250 gms
Besan Flour – 4 tblsp
Black Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 1/2 to 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
1. Mix the curd, paneer, besan, salt, pepper and coriander powder in a bowl.
2. Add little water if required and mix to make a thick batter.
3. Mix the figs, green chillies, onions, ginger, coriander leaves, chaat masala powder and salt.
4. Take a portion of the curd batter and add 1 to 2 tsp of the fig mixture in the middle. Fold and seal the filling.
5. Shape into a round patty.
6. Heat oil in a nonstick pan.
7. Gently slide the kebabs and fry until golden brown.
8. Remove and transfer to a serving plate.
9. Serve with tomato chutney.