A delicious and quick to make capsicum rice for lunch or dinner.
Capsicums – 1 cup, finely chopped
Rice – 1 cup, cooked
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Bengal Gram Dal – 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Curry Leaves – few, chopped
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Green Chilli – 1, slit
Oil – 1 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Cashewnuts – few, fried, for garnish (optional)
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Fry the dals and mustard seeds for 30 seconds or until dals turn golden.
3. Add the green chilli and capsicums.
4. Saute well for 2 minutes.
5. Add the cooked rice and stir well.
6. Add turmeric powder, asafoetida powder, curry leaves, coriander leaves and salt.
7. Mix well and cook for a minute.
8. Garnish with cashewnuts.
9. Remove and serve warm.