This dosa variety is also known as Cauliflower Masala Dosa.
Dosa Batter – 2 cups
Cauliflower – 1, small, finely chopped
Onions – 2, big, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 2, finely chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Coconut – 2 tblsp, grated
Cashewnuts – 5 to 6
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp (adjust as per taste)
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Soak the cauliflowers in salted water for few minutes.
2. Grind the coconut and cashewnuts to a fine paste.
3. Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
4. Fry the mustard seeds and cumin seeds for 30 seconds.
5. Add salt and onions.
6. Saute for a minute or two.
7. Add tomatoes, cauliflower, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
8. Add the coconut and cashewnut paste.
9. Mix well and remove.
10. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
11. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread evenly.
12. Add the cauliflower masala and spread well.
13. Apply oil around the edges and cook until done.
14. No need to flip it over.
15. Fold into half and remove.
16. Serve hot with side dish of choice or with onion raita.