Elevate your soup game with the delightful Chickpea and Lemon Soup. This recipe promises a symphony of flavours and textures that captivate your taste buds. Creamy chickpeas take centre stage, their earthy essence beautifully complemented by the tangy brightness of lemon juice. The medley of tomatoes, cumin, cinnamon, and ginger powder adds depth to the concoction, creating a balanced and satisfying dish.
This soup is a comforting embrace on a chilly day or a rejuvenating delight any time of the year. The process begins with sautéing onions and garlic, infusing your kitchen with an irresistible aroma. The fragrant dance intensifies as cumin, cinnamon, and ginger powder join the mix. After simmering chickpeas in vegetable stock, make a luscious puree, enriching the soup’s creaminess.
Finally, top it with fresh parsley, a spritz of lemon juice, and a pinch of black pepper. Each spoonful is a journey through velvety richness and zesty vibrancy. Whether enjoyed as a hearty lunch, light dinner, or soul-soothing appetizer, Chickpea and Lemon Soup is a versatile masterpiece that stands tall or paired with crusty bread or a side salad for a more elaborate meal.
Chickpea and Lemon Soup
- 400 gms Chickpeas (soaked in slightly salted water for 8 hours)
- 200 gms Tomatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 3 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 small Onion (chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- A pinch of Ginger Powder
- Salt and Black Pepper Powder (to taste)
- Juice of 1/4 Lemon
- Handful of chopped Parsley
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Sauté onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Add cumin, cinnamon, and ginger powder.
- Drain and add half of the chickpeas to the pan.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of vegetable stock, stir, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce flame and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Blend the remaining chickpeas and stock to a smooth puree.
- Add puree to the pan, stirring well.
- Incorporate parsley, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper.
- Stir and serve warm.
Serving Size: 4-6 servings
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I freeze Chickpea and Lemon Soup for later consumption?
Absolutely! Chickpea and Lemon Soup freezes well. Ensure it’s completely cooled before transferring to airtight containers or freezer bags. When ready to enjoy, thaw in the refrigerator and gently reheat on the stovetop while stirring occasionally.
What can I serve alongside Chickpea and Lemon Soup for a complete meal?
Can I adjust the lemon juice quantity to suit my taste preference?
Certainly! The lemon juice adds a delightful tang, but you can adjust the quantity to your liking. Start with a little and gradually add more, tasting as you go until it reaches your desired level of zestiness.