This is a very popular street food in South India, especially in Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
Rava – 1/2 cup
Rice Flour – 1 cup
Maida – 1 cup
Cooking Soda – a pinch
Salt as per taste
Sour Curd – 1 cup
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 4, chopped
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Oil for frying
1. Combine the first seven ingredients and mix well.
2. Keep aside for 3 hours.
3. Then add the onions, green chillies and coriander leaves.
4. Mix well.
5. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
6. Drop small balls of the batter and fry until golden brown.
7. Remove and drain excess oil.
8. Serve with coconut chutney.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !