This is a very popular street food in South India, especially in Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
Rava – 1/2 cup
Rice Flour – 1 cup
Maida – 1 cup
Cooking Soda – a pinch
Salt as per taste
Sour Curd – 1 cup
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 4, chopped
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Oil for frying
1. Combine the first seven ingredients and mix well.
2. Keep aside for 3 hours.
3. Then add the onions, green chillies and coriander leaves.
4. Mix well.
5. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
6. Drop small balls of the batter and fry until golden brown.
7. Remove and drain excess oil.
8. Serve with coconut chutney.