Basmati Rice – 1 kg
Mutton – 1 kg,, chopped into bite sized pieces
Onions – 6, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 4, finely chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 100 gms
Mint Leaves – 1 bunch, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – 1 bunch, finely chopped
Curd – 1 cup
Cinnamon – 2
Bay Leaf – 2
Cloves – 2
Green Chillies – 4, slit
Red Chilli Powder – 3 tsp
Coriander Powder – 4 tsp
Lemon Juice – little
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Add the mutton pieces to a large bowl and pour the curd over.
2. Gently mix well until evenly coated and keep aside for a few minutes.
3. Heat oil in a large pan.
4. Add the cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf and fry for 30 seconds.
5. Add half of the mint leaves, half of the coriander leaves, onions, tomatoes, green chillies, ginger garlic paste and saute well.
6. Add the mutton pieces and stir well.
7. Add red chilli powder, coriander powder and 1 cup of water.
8. Cover with a tight fitting lid and cook for 30 minutes or low flame.
9. When the rice is cooked and mutton pieces are tender, remove from flame and gently fluff up the rice using a fork.
10. Serve hot.