Keerai Masiyal is a popular South Indian dish often served with rice.
Keerai Masiyal Recipe
Ingredients for Keerai Masiyal
- 1 bunch Keerai (Spinach) medium size
- 1 cup Toor Dal
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 2 Dry Red Chillies adjust as desired
- 1 tsp Asafoetida Powder
How to make Keerai Masiyal
- Clean, wash and rinse the spinach.
- Chop the spinach and tomatoes.
- Pressure cook the chopped spinach, tomatoes, toor dal and turmeric powder with enough water until 1 or 2 whistles or until the dal is cooked.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Fry the tempering ingredients for 30 seconds.
- Add the green chillies and saute for a minute.
- Add the cooked spinach and dal mixture.
- Add salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Using the back of a ladle, slightly mash the spinach.
- 10. Add cumin powder and ghee.
- 11. Stir well and remove from flame.
- 12. Serve hot with rice.