Poriyal is a popular South Indian vegetable stir-fry, which is usually served as a side dish with rice and curry. Beetroot Poriyal is a unique and nutritious twist on the classic recipe. Beetroot is a bright and colourful root vegetable packed with nutrients, including fibre, folate, and vitamin C.
Beetroot Poriyal is easy to make and requires only a few simple ingredients. The beetroot is cooked with some grated coconut, mustard seeds, and curry leaves, which gives it a unique flavour and aroma. The dish is also seasoned with basic spices like turmeric, cumin, and chillies, adding a delicious kick of flavour.
The best part about Beetroot Poriyal is that it is healthy and low in calories. It is an excellent dish for anyone looking to eat more vegetables or follow a vegetarian or vegan diet. It is also perfect for anyone who loves the taste of Indian spices and wants to try out a new recipe.
Beetroot Poriyal Recipe
Ingredients for Beetroot Poriyal
- 3 cup Beetroots chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt - 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp Chutney Powder - 1 tsp
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coconut grated
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 3 Curry Leaves
- 2 Dried Red Chillies
- 1 tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
How to make Beetroot Poriyal
- Steam the beetroots for about 5 minutes till tender and set aside.
- Put the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot add the curry leaves, dried red chillies, black mustard seeds and urad dal.
- Fry over medium heat, till mustard seeds splutter and dal is golden, for about 30 seconds.
- Add beetroot to the pan and stir well.
- Stir in the salt and chutney powder.
- Cover and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the coconut and stir well.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.
simple and good receipe