A popular North Indian raita variety made with fresh or readymade boondis. Very simple to make, this goes well with rice, roti or parathas.
Gram Flour – 100 gms
Curd – 2 cups
Salt as per taste
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Pomegranate Seeds – handful (optional)
Garam Masala Powder – a pinch (optional)
Oil as required
Coriander Leaves – little, chopped
1. Add enough water to the gram flour and mix well to a thick, pourable batter.
2. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
3. Add the batter to a boondi plate placed over the hot oil.
4. Take extra care to prevent any of the hot oil splattering onto the skin.
5. Fry until golden brown.
6. Remove, drain excess oil and add to the curd.
7. Add salt, red chilli powder, pomegranate seeds and mix gently.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Serve at once.
Tip: You can also use readily available boondis.