Bitter Gourds – 1/4 kg, peeled and cut into small pieces
Tamarind Pulp – 1/4 cup
Salt as per taste
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Garlic – 1/2 tsp, ground
Kopra – 1/2 inch piece
Oil – 1 to 2 tblsp
Onions – 2 to 3, finely chopped
Turmeric Powder – a small pinch
Besan Flour – 1/2 tblsp
Jaggery – 1 tsp
1. To the bitter gourd, add salt, turmeric powder and tamarind pulp.
2. Mix well.
3. Let the gourd marinate in this mixture for 5 minutes.
4. Squeeze the bitter gourd and drain out the liquid.
5. Now soak in plain water for 10 minutes and sqeeuze out the water once again.
6. Transfer them to a plate.
7. Mix the besan flour, salt, chilli powder, garlic and coconut.
8. Heat oil in a pan and fry the bitter gourds.
9. Remove and keep separately.
10. In the same pan/oil, fry the onions till light brown.
11. Add fried bitter gourds and saute for a few minutes.
12. Add coconut and besan mixture.
13. Fry well.
14. Add jaggery and simmer for 2 minutes.
15. Serve hot with roti.
Kakarkai Vepudu Recipe
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Kakarkai Vepudu from Awesome Cuisine.