Fish – 1 kg
Coriander Leaves – 1 cup, ground
Green Chillies – 5, ground
Mint Leaves – 1/4 cup, ground
Ginger – 1 tblsp, ground
Salt as per taste
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Ghee – 3/4 cup
Onions – 2, finely sliced
Cumin Powder – 1 tblsp, roasted
Ground Dry Coconut – 1/4
Sesame Seeds – 1/2 tblsp, ground
Poppy Seeds – 1/2 tblsp, ground
Juice of 1 or 2 Limes
Onions – 1 to 2, sliced, fried brown and crisp
1. Mix ground coriander leaves, green chillies, mint leaves, garlic, ginger, salt and turmeric powder.
2. Rub the fish with this mixture and leave for 1 hour to marinate.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Fry onions till light brown.
5. Add turmeric powder and saute well.
6. Add cumiin powder, coconut, sesame and poppy seed paste.
7. Fry together for about a minute or two.
8. Add lime juice and 1 to 1 1/2 cups of water.
9. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
10. Drain oil and fry each fish lightly in hot oil.
11. Place the fish carefully with the hot masala and gravy into a large oven-proof dish.
12. Heat oven to 370F/190C.
13. Bake the fish for about 15 minnutes till fish browns a little.
14. Remove from oven.
15. Garnish with fried onions.
Shahi Dum ki Machli (Baked Masala Fish) Recipe
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Shahi Dum ki Machli (Baked Masala Fish) from Awesome Cuisine.