Fish – 1 kg
Coriander Leaves – 1 cup, ground
Green Chillies – 5, ground
Mint Leaves – 1/4 cup, ground
Ginger – 1 tblsp, ground
Salt as per taste
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Ghee – 3/4 cup
Onions – 2, finely sliced
Cumin Powder – 1 tblsp, roasted
Ground Dry Coconut – 1/4
Sesame Seeds – 1/2 tblsp, ground
Poppy Seeds – 1/2 tblsp, ground
Juice of 1 or 2 Limes
Onions – 1 to 2, sliced, fried brown and crisp
1. Mix ground coriander leaves, green chillies, mint leaves, garlic, ginger, salt and turmeric powder.
2. Rub the fish with this mixture and leave for 1 hour to marinate.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Fry onions till light brown.
5. Add turmeric powder and saute well.
6. Add cumiin powder, coconut, sesame and poppy seed paste.
7. Fry together for about a minute or two.
8. Add lime juice and 1 to 1 1/2 cups of water.
9. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
10. Drain oil and fry each fish lightly in hot oil.
11. Place the fish carefully with the hot masala and gravy into a large oven-proof dish.
12. Heat oven to 370F/190C.
13. Bake the fish for about 15 minnutes till fish browns a little.
14. Remove from oven.
15. Garnish with fried onions.
Shahi Dum ki Machli (Baked Masala Fish) Recipe
You might also like:
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Shahi Dum ki Machli (Baked Masala Fish) from Awesome Cuisine.