Maida (Plain Flour) – 2 cups
Ghee – 1 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Warm Milk as required
Oil as required for frying
For the filling:
Coconut – 2 cups, grated
Sugar – 2 cups, powdered
Nutmeg Powder – 1/4 tsp
Ginger Powder – 1/4 tsp
Cardamoms – 6 to 8
Ghee – little
Maida (Plain Flour) – 1 tblsp
Khus Khus (Poppy Seeds) – 1 tblsp
Mixed Dry Fruits – 1/4 cup, chopped
1. Combine the maida, ghee and salt in a large bowl.
2. Add enough milk and mix well to a thick dough.
3. Keep aside.
4. Dry roast the coconut and remove.
5. Heat little ghee in a pan.
6. Fry the maida and poppy seeds for a minute.
7. Remove and mix all the filling ingredients.
8. Grind them together and keep aside.
9. Make small balls of the dough.
10. Roll them into small puris.
11. Place some of the filling inside and fold to form a half-moon shape.
12. Using some water or milk, seal the edges.
13. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
14. Fry the prepared karanjis until light golden brown.
15. Remove and drain excess oil.
16. Store in an airtight container.Karanji,