Murmure Raita (raita made with puffed rice) is a refreshing and light raita that can be served with any meal, any occasion. Simple and easy to make, they can be served as part of the main course or as an accompaniment. Ideal for those who are on a diet.
Murmure (Puffed Rice / Pori) – 2 cups
Thick Curds – 2 cups
Sugar – 1 tsp
Black Salt – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 2 tsp
Peanuts – 2 tsp, powdered
Ompodi (Sev) – 2 tsp
Green Chillies – 3 to 4, finely chopped
Pomegranate Seeds to garnish
Oil as required
1. Whisk the curds and keep aside.
2. Combine the murmure, salt, cumin powder and sugar.
3. Add this to the curd and mix well.
4. Heat little oil in a deep pan.
5. Add the cumin seeds, asafoetida powder, green chillies and saute for 30 seconds.
6. Add this to the curd and mix gently.
7. Garnish with sev, peanuts and pomegranate seeds.