Paneer – prepared from 1 litre cow’s milk
For sugar syrup:
Sugar – 500 gms
Water – 3 1/2 cups
Milk – 1 litre
Sugar – 1 cup
Saffron – little
Blanched and Sliced almonds, pistha - 2 tbl sps
1. Prepare paneer and knead it to a smooth dough.
2. Make balls and flatten it.
3. Cook it in sugar syrup
4. Cover and keep it in the syrup for atleast 6-8 hours.
5. Boil 1 litre of milk in heavy vessel till it is reduced to half of its quantity.
6. Add saffron, sugar and stir well till dissolved.
7. Remove boiled rasmalai from syrup. Press gently to remove excess syrup.
8. Put in cold water and squeeze again.
9. Put it in boiling milk and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from fire.
10. Garnish with fried almonds, pistha nuts. Serve chilled in individual cups.
To make sugar syrup, boil sugar and water together and stir till sugar is dissolved completely.