Milk – 1 litre
Paneer – 100 gms
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Saffron Strands – 4
Almonds – 1 tsp, sliced
Pistachios – 1 tsp, sliced
Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
Maida – 2 tsp
1. Crumble the paneer and mix with maida to a smooth dough.
2. Make small balls and lightly flatten them.
3. Heat 1 cup of water in a pan.
4. Add 1/4 cup of sugar and bring to a boil until sugar has fully dissolved.
5. Remove from flame.
6. While it is still hot, add the paneer balls and cover with a lid.
7. Keep aside for few hours.
8. Boil the milk in a heavy pan until reduced in half.
9. Add 1/2 cup of sugar and stir well until fully dissolved.
10. Remove from flame.
11. Add cardamom powder, saffron strands and mix well.
12. Remove the balls from the sugar syrup and squeeze gently.
13. Add to the hot milk.
14. Garnish with almonds and pistachios.
15. Keep it in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
15. Serve chilled.
To make Rasmalai in a pressure cooker:
Follow step #1 from above
2. Heat 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker.
3. Add 1/4 cup of sugar and stir well until fully dissolved.
4. Add the prepared balls and cover with a lid.
5. Pressure cook, without adding the weight, until 2 whistles and remove.
6. When the pressure has reduced, remove the rasgullas and squeeze gently to remove excess water.
Follow steps 8 to 15.