Moong Dal – 1 cup
Potatoes – 4
Onion – 1, chopped
Tomato – 1, chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Green Chillies – 6, chopped
Mustard Seeds – little
Asafoetida Powder – little
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Boil the dal and potatoes together.
2. Peel the potatoes and dice them. Keep aside.
3. Heat little oil in a pan.
4. Fry the mustard seeds and asafoetida powder for 30 seconds.
5. Add the ginger garlic paste, onions, tomatoes and green chillies.
6. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Add the boiled dal (with the water), potatoes and bring to a boil.
8. Simmer for another minute or two.
9. Adjust the gravy as desired.
10. Serve as a side dish with idli or dosa.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.