Maida – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 1/4 cup
Ghee or Vanaspathi – 1/4 cup
Rose essence – few drops
Kesar yellow colour – little
Cashew nuts – as required
1. Mix maida with 2 cups of water.
2. Prepare a thin batter.
3. Add 1/2 cup of water to sugar and heat in a heavy vessel till one string consistency is reached.
4. Pour maida batter, yellow colour in the syrup and keep stirring constantly till it becomes transparent.
5. When it sticks to the vessel, add ghee little by little.
6. When the karachi halwa leaves the sides of the vessel and gets a shine, pour it on a greased tray.
7. Decorate with fried cashewnuts.
8. Cut into pieces after 10 minutes.
Karachi Halwa Recipe
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Karachi Halwa from Awesome Cuisine.