Maida – 1 cup
Almonds – 10
Cashewnuts – 10
Walnuts – few
Dates – 5 to 6
Raisins – 1/4 cup
Cardamom – 2
Pistachios – few
Sara Paruppu (Chironji) – few
Kesari Powder – a pinch
Oil – 1/4 cup
Ghee as required
Salt – a pinch
1. Soak the almonds, cashewnuts, walnuts, dates, raisins, cardamoms, sara paruppu and pistachios in warm water for 30 to 45 minutes.
2. Combine kesari powder and salt with maida.
3. Add enough water and mix well.
4. Add a little oil and keep aside for some time.
5. Drain the nuts and gring them together in a mixie to a smooth paste.
6. Heat ghee in a frying pan.
7. Saute the ground nuts paste and make small balls of the mixture.
8. Now make small balls of the maida mixture and flatten them into small/medium circles.
9. Place one of the prepared balls inside this and cover well.
10. Flatten this using your palms or gently roll using an oiled pin to a medium sized poli.
11. Heat ghee in a tawa and cook the prepared polis.
12. Remove and serve.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.