1 lb Paneer
1/2 cup yogurt
1 tsp gingergarlic paste
2 tsp tandorri masala
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp red food coloring
1 tbsp maida/all purpose flour
3 tbsp butter
2 capsicum – finely cut into long strips
2 large onions – sliced thin and long
1 cup tomato sauce
1/2 tsp tandoori masala
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp cooking oil
1. Cut paneer into strips.
2. Make a marinade by mixing together all purpose flour, yogurt, gingergarlic, tandoori masala, chilli powder, cumin, food color and sugar. Use water and make a thick batter.
3. Marinate the paneer in the batter for about an hour.
4. Heat the butter in a pan and shallow fry the paneer pieces. Keep them aside.
5. Heat the oil in the same pan . Add the fine strips of onion and capsicum. Fry for a couple of minutes till they are well sauted.(While frying dont stir continuosly.Allow the vegetables to rest on the pan and get browned. Stir couple of times in between)
6. Add the tomato sauce and the tandoori masala. Simmer for 5 minutes .Adjust salt and pepper.
7. Add the fried paneer pieces just before serving and stir gently.This goes well with cumin rice, ghee rice etc.