Matar Paneer is a very popular North Indian dish made with green peas, paneer (cottage cheese) and spices. It is a delicious curry often server as a side dish with roti, naan or pulao.
- Paneer – 400 gms, cubed
- Green Peas – 200 gms, boiled
- Onion – 2, finely chopped
- Tomatoes – 8, chopped
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/8 cup or 2 Tblsp
- Turmeric Powder – 2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Kasoori Methi – 1 tblsp
- Fresh Cream – 1/3 cup (5 to 6 tblsp)
- Water – 200 ml
- Salt as per taste
- Coriander Leaves – handful, to garnish
- Oil – 4 tblsp
- Cashew Nuts – 10 to 15, soaked in water (optional)
- Grind the cashew nuts to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Add the onions and saute until lightly browned.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and stir well.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, black pepper power, kasoori methi and garam masala powder.
- Keep stirring for a minute or two.
- Add the chopped tomatoes.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now add the cream and water.
- Mix well and cook for 15 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Add the cashew nut paste and stir from time to time.
- Add the paneer cubes and green peas.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with pulao, roti or naans.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !