Yellow Pumpkin – 250 gms, chopped
Potato – 1, big, diced
Tomatoes – 3, small, chopped
Cauliflower – 100 gms, cleaned, washed, chopped
Mustard Seeds – 1 tblsp + 1 tsp
Coconut – 50 gms, grated
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
Red Chilli Powder as per taste
Bengal Gram Dal – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Water as required
1. Grind 1 tblsp mustard seeds and coconut to a smooth paste.
2. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
4. Add 1 tsp mustard seeds and fry till it starts to splutter.
5. Add the dal and fry for a minute.
6. Add tomatoes and simmer for 2 minutes.
7. Now add the potatoes and pour enough water to cover it.
8. Cook for 5 minutes and add the cauliflower.
9. Simmer for 10 minutes.
10. Once the potatoes and cauliflower are cooked three-fourths, add the pumpkin.
11. Cook till the pumpkin is half done.
12. Add salt, chilli powder and ground mustard paste.
13. Simmer till it starts to boil.
14. Remove from flame and transfer to a serving bowl.
15. Garnish with coriander leaves.
16. Serve hot with rotis, parathas or rice.
Tip: Depending on the amount of gravy, adjust the water quantity.