A classic homemade non-alcoholic eggnog for this Christmas.
Eggs – 5
Sugar – 2/3 cups
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Nutmeg Powder – 1/2 tsp + little bit for garnish
Milk – 475 ml + 475 ml
Vanilla Extract – 1 tblsp
Heavy Cream – 1/2 cup, beaten
1. Whisk together the eggs, sugar and salt in a pan.
2. Pour in the milk and place the pan over low flame.
3. Keep stirring and cook until custard thickens, about 15 to 25 minutes.
4. Ensure it does not boil otherwise it will start to curdle.
5. Pour this on a large bowl and add vanilla extract and nutmeg.
6. Now pour 475 ml of milk and cover the bowl.
7. Keep it in a fridge for minimum 3 hours.
8. Just before serving, gently fold in the cream.
9. Garnish with some grated nutmeg and serve.
image credit: season with spice