- Watercress – 150 gms
- Mixed Lettuce Leaves – 120 gms
- Fennel Bulb – 1 small
- Button Mushrooms – 1/2 cup, finely sliced
- Salad Onion – 1, large, sliced into rings
For the Dressing:
- Fruity Extra-Virgin Olive Oil – 5 tblsp
- Balsamic Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Red Wine Vinegar – 4 tsp
- Garlic Clove – 1, large, crushed
- Salt as per taste
- Ground Black Pepper
- Combine the watercress and lettuce leaves in a bowl.
- Trim the fennel bulb to remove any discoloured parts, then shave finely with a vegetable peeler or a sharp knife.
- Mix fennel, mushrooms and onion with the lettuce leaves.
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk the oil, vinegars, garlic, a large pinch of salt and plenty of black pepper in a small bowl or shake in a screw-top jar.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and toss lightly.