- Pumpkin – 750 gms, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt as per taste
- Olive Oil – 3 to 4 tblsp
- Garlic Cloves – 2, sliced
- Cider Vinegar – 1/4 cup
- Soft Brown Sugar – 3 tblsp
- Ground Cumin – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon Stick – 2 cm piece
- Mint Leaves – 1/2 cup, roughly chopped
- Heat a non-stick pan over moderate heat.
- Add the pumpkin pieces with 1 cup of water and a large pinch of salt.
- Cover and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Drain off the water, add the oil and garlic.
- Cook over high heat until pumpkin is tender and caramelized on the outside.
- Transfer it to a salad bowl and keep aside to cool.
- Add cider vinegar, sugar, cumin and cinnamon to the pan.
- Simmer until syrupy.
- Remove cinnamon stick, then return the pumpkin to the pan and toss to coat the pumpkin with the syrup.
- Tip the pumpkin back into the bowl and toss with the mint leaves.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !