- Heat a non-stick pan over moderate heat.
- Add the pumpkin pieces with 1 cup of water and a large pinch of salt.
- Cover and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Drain off the water, add the oil and garlic.
- Cook over high heat until pumpkin is tender and caramelized on the outside.
- Transfer it to a salad bowl and keep aside to cool.
- Add cider vinegar, sugar, cumin and cinnamon to the pan.
- Simmer until syrupy.
- Remove cinnamon stick, then return the pumpkin to the pan and toss to coat the pumpkin with the syrup.
- Tip the pumpkin back into the bowl and toss with the mint leaves.