- Mixed Rice – 1 cup (long-grain and wild rice)
- Shrimp – 350 gms, cooked and shelled
- Mango – 1, peeled, seeded and diced
- Scallions – 4, sliced
- Almonds – 1/4 cup, slivered
- Fresh Mint – 1 tblsp, finely chopped
For the Dressing:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 1 tblsp
- Lime Juice – 2 tsp
- Garlic – 1 clove, crushed
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook the rice in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl, then add the shrimp.
- To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients together in a large measuring cup, seasoning to taste with the salt and pepper, and whisk well until thoroughly blended.
- Pour the dressing over the rice and shrimp mixture and let it cool.
- Add the mango, scallions, almonds and mint to the salad.
- Season to taste with pepper.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Transfer to a large serving dish.