Mutton – 500 gms, chopped
Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp, coarsely crushed
Vinegar – 1 tsp
Onions – 1 cup, sliced
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Ginger – 1 tsp, minced
Garlic Cloves – 5
Pepper Powder – 2 tsp
Oil – 1/8 cup or as required
Salt as per taste
1. In a pan combine the mutton pieces, 1 1/2 tsp pepper powder, vinegar and salt.
2. Add enough water and cook till nearly done and 1 cup of gravy remain.
3. Strain the stock from the mutton pieces.
4. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
5. Saute the sliced onions.
6. Add turmeric powder, ginger, garlic and crushed black pepper.
7. Mix well and add the strained liquid.
8. Allow it to boil and then add the mutton.
9. Cook till the gravy thickens and the mutton pieces are nicely coated.
10. Remove and serve hot with plain rice.