1. Place the prawns in a food processor and grind to a paste.
2. Add the pork fat, egg white, salt, pepper and dried onion.
3. Grind again just long enough to mix well.
4. Form into small walnut-sized balls with moist hands.
5. Boil water in a steamer.
6. Cover and reduce to a simmer.
7. Line the steamer basket with a piece of clean cloth or a round of banana leaf brushed with sesame oil.
8. Spread the balls evenly over it.
9. Mix egg yolk with rice wine and brush over the balls.
10. Cover with another piece of cloth or oiled banana leaf.
11. Steam for about 15 minutes.
12. Serve hot with dipping sauce or sweet chilli.
Steamed Prawn Balls Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Steamed Prawn Balls from Awesome Cuisine.