Small Onion – 1 cup
Tomato – 1 cup
Mustard Seeds – 2 tsp
Fenugreek – 2 tsp
Garlic – 5, cloves
Tamarind Extract – 1 cup
Salt as per taste
Coconut – 1 cup, ground
Fish – 1 cup (any fish would do), cleaned and cut into small pieces
Gingelly Oil – 1/4 cup
Red Chilli – 4
Curry Leaves – a handful
Dhaniya Powder – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
1. In a bowl, put the fish and mix with turmeric powder and little salt.
2. Keep aside.
3. Heat gingelly oil in a pan.
4. Add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, red chilli and curry leaves.
5. Fry for 1 minute.
6. Add small onion, dhaniya powder and tomatoes.
7. Stir and mix well.
8. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and fry for a while.
9. Add garlic and tamarind extract.
10. Add green chillies and ground coconut.
11. Then add the fish and boil for 5 to 10 minutes.
12. Garnish with coriander leaves.
13. Serve hot.
Thanjavur Fish Curry Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Thanjavur Fish Curry Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.