Small Onion – 1 cup
Tomato – 1 cup
Mustard Seeds – 2 tsp
Fenugreek – 2 tsp
Garlic – 5, cloves
Tamarind Extract – 1 cup
Salt as per taste
Coconut – 1 cup, ground
Fish – 1 cup (any fish would do), cleaned and cut into small pieces
Gingelly Oil – 1/4 cup
Red Chilli – 4
Curry Leaves – a handful
Dhaniya Powder – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
1. In a bowl, put the fish and mix with turmeric powder and little salt.
2. Keep aside.
3. Heat gingelly oil in a pan.
4. Add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, red chilli and curry leaves.
5. Fry for 1 minute.
6. Add small onion, dhaniya powder and tomatoes.
7. Stir and mix well.
8. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and fry for a while.
9. Add garlic and tamarind extract.
10. Add green chillies and ground coconut.
11. Then add the fish and boil for 5 to 10 minutes.
12. Garnish with coriander leaves.
13. Serve hot.
Thanjavur Fish Curry Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Thanjavur Fish Curry Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.