Small Onion – 1 cup
Tomato – 1 cup
Mustard Seeds – 2 tsp
Fenugreek – 2 tsp
Garlic – 5, cloves
Tamarind Extract – 1 cup
Salt as per taste
Coconut – 1 cup, ground
Fish – 1 cup (any fish would do), cleaned and cut into small pieces
Gingelly Oil – 1/4 cup
Red Chilli – 4
Curry Leaves – a handful
Dhaniya Powder – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
1. In a bowl, put the fish and mix with turmeric powder and little salt.
2. Keep aside.
3. Heat gingelly oil in a pan.
4. Add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, red chilli and curry leaves.
5. Fry for 1 minute.
6. Add small onion, dhaniya powder and tomatoes.
7. Stir and mix well.
8. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and fry for a while.
9. Add garlic and tamarind extract.
10. Add green chillies and ground coconut.
11. Then add the fish and boil for 5 to 10 minutes.
12. Garnish with coriander leaves.
13. Serve hot.
Thanjavur Fish Curry Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Thanjavur Fish Curry Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.