Egg – 1, lightly beaten
Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 4, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Mint Leaves – 3 tblsp, finely chopped
Tomato – 1, finely chopped
Egg – 1, hard-boiled and finely chopped
Oil for greasing
For the Dough:
Refined Flour – 3 cups
Ghee – 1 tblsp
Egg – 1
Salt to taste
For the Flour Paste:
Refined Flour – 2 tblsp
For the Filling:
Mutton – 150 gms, minced
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
1. To make the dough, mix all the ingredients with 1/2 cup of warm water.
2. Knead well to a firm consistency and set it aside.
3. To make the flour paste, add 4 tblsp of water to the refined flour.
4. Make a stick paste and set aside.
5. To make the filling, mix the minced mutton with the ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
6. Add 1/4 cup of water and cook the mince till it is well done and dry.
7. Set aside.
8. To make the rotis, combine the finely chopped onion, green chillies, coriander leaves, mint leaves, tomato and hard-boiled egg in a bowl.
9. Mix well and divide the dough into 20 portions.
10. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion of the dough into a 4 to 5 inch roti.
11. Fold the roti into three, overlapping the sections to make a 4 1/2 inch long and 1 1/2 inch wide rectangle.
12. Smear a little oil over the surface of the roti.
13. Fold one third of the rectangle to come two-thirds of the way down the rectangle.
14. Press down gently.
15. Flip over.
16. Spread a little oil on the surface.
17. Fold one third of the rectangle over the previously folden portion to make a 1 1/2 inch square.
18. Dip this square lightly in flour and roll into a 4 inch square.
19. Repeat the same for one more portion of the dough.
20. Brush on a little beaten egg on one square before spooning on the filling of mince and finely chopped ingredients in the centre of the roti.
21. Leave a 1/4 inch margin on all sides.
22. Sprinkle a little salt to taste.
23. Apply the flour paste along the edges of the square.
24. Put the second roti on top, sandwiching the filling in between.
25. Press down the edges firmly but gently.
26. Make the remaining rotis in the same way.
27. Heat 4 cups of oil in a kadai over moderate heat.
28. When the oil is hot, lower the heat for 5 minutes before adding the roti.
29. Deep-fry one roti at a time till light brown in colour.
30. Remove and drain the excess oil.
31. Serve hot with chutney.