Crab – 2 kg
Salt – 3 tsp
Oil – 8 tblsp
Onions – 4, medium, finely sliced
Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 2 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Tomatoes – 4, medium, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – 5 tblsp, finely chopped
Juice of 1/2 Lime
1. Cut the crabs.
2. Divide the body into two parts.
3. Separate the pincers from the body and crack them.
4. Wash the crab bodies and pincers thoroughly with 1 tsp salt and 500 ml of water.
5. Keep aside to drain.
6. Heat oil in a pan on moderate heat.
7. Fry the onions till golden brown.
8. Add garlic and fry well, sprinkling in water as required, for about 5 minutes.
9. Add the red chilli powder, cumin powder and 2 tsp salt.
10. Fry well for 10 minutes.
11. Add the tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes till a gravy is formed.
12. Add 1/2 cup of water.
13. Add the crabs with the pincers.
14. Simmer on low heat, till the crabs are cooked and the water evaporates.
15. Garnish with coriander leaves.
16. Add the lime juice.
17. Stir for 30 seconds.
18. Remove and Serve.
Spiced Crab Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
- A Teenager’s Nutritional Needs When a kid is making their way into the league of teens along with attaining a sense of liberty he or she will grow...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Spiced Crab Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.