Aubergine (Brinjal) – 1, large about 250 gms
Oil – 3 tblsp
Salt – 1 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper – 1 1/2 tsp, freshly ground
Onion – 1, large
Garlic – 1 flake, large
Tomatoes – 2, medium
Parsley – 1/4 cup, chopped
Bread Slices – 2
Dry Thyme – a pinch
Cheese – 1/2 cup, grated
1. Cut the aubergine into 1 inch thick slices.
2. Place the slices on a shallow greased baking dish and brush lightly with oil.
3. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
4. Place under a preheated hot grill for 5 minutes.
5. Turn the slices over, brush with oil, sprinkle with 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper and grill for 5 minutes longer.
6. Chop the onion, garlic, tomatoes and parsley.
7. Heat the remaining oil in a heavy-based pan over moderate heat.
8. Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes until it turns soft.
9. Stir in the tomatoes and saute for about 5 minutes until they soften.
10. Crumble the bread slices.
11. Add the breadcrumbs to the pan with parsley, thyme, 1/2 tsp slat and 1/2 tsp pepper.
12. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
13. Set the oven to 180C.
14. Spoon the breadcrumb mixture over the aubergine slices, top with cheese and bake for about 15 minutes until the cheese melts.
Baked Aubergines Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
- A Teenager’s Nutritional Needs When a kid is making their way into the league of teens along with attaining a sense of liberty he or she will grow...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Baked Aubergines Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.