Lamb – 1 kg (leg or shoulder piece)
Paneer – 1/2 cup, grated
Almonds – 5 tsp
Pistachios – 1/4 cup, blanched, halved
Morels – 4 tsp
Salt to Taste
White Pepper Powder – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 2 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala – 2 tsp
Ginger Paste – 2 1/2 tbsp
Garlic Paste – 2 1/2 tbsp
Cream – 2 tbsp
Oil – 5 1/2 tbsp
Bayleaves – 2
Green Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
Cinnamon Powder – 1 tsp
Water/Chicken Stock – 2 cups
Onion Paste – 1/2 cup
Tomatoes – 1/2 cup, diced
Mace Powder – 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies – 2 tsp, slit
Cumin Powder – 2 tsp
Green Coriander – 3 tsp, chopped
1. Debone the leg or shoulder, spread and flatten the meat completely.
2. In a bowl, mix paneer, almonds, pistachios, morels, salt, white pepper, half the red chilli powder, garam masala, ginger and garlic pastes and the cream.
3. Spread the paste on the lamb evenly.
4. Roll the lamb like a Swiss roll and tie firmly with a thread.
5. Place the lamb on a roasting tray.
6. Sprinkle over with salt, a pinch of garam masala, a pinch of red chilli powder, oil, crushed Bayleaves, cardamom powder and cinnamon powder.
7. Add 2 cups of water or chicken stock.
8. When the lamb is completely cooked, strain the gravy from the roasting pan to a cooking vessel.
9. Cook on low heat till it is reduced to a semi-thick sauce (2/3 cup).
10. Heat the oil in a pan, add onions, the remaining ginger and garlic pastes, diced tomatoes, garam masala, mace powder, salt, green chillies, cumin powder, green coriander and the sauce.
11. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
12. To serve, untie the lamb, cut into thick slices and arrange on a serving dish.
13. Pour the hot sauce over the meat and serve immediately.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !