Black Gram – 1 1/2 cups, split
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Onions – 1/2 cup, chopped
Ginger – 2 tbsp, chopped
Green Coriander – 1 tbsp
Green Chillies – 5
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1. Wash the split black gram in water and soak for 6 hours.
2. Drain gram and grind coarsely along with cumin seeds, adding very little water.
3. Remove into a mixing bowl.
4. Add chopped onions, ginger, coriander leaves, green chillies and salt.
5. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
6. Shape into round patties and deep fry in hot oil.
7. Serve with sesame seed or tomato chutney or tomato sauce.