Bengal Gram Flour – 1 cup
Soya Flour – 1/2 cup
Rice Flour – 1/2 cup
Onion – 2 cups, cut lengthwise
Green Chillies – 2, cut lengthwise
Aniseed – 1/2 tsp
Cashewnuts – 10, broken
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblsp, finely cut
Curry Leaves – 2 tblsp, finely cut
Dhania Powder – 1/2 tsp
Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Salt – 1 1/2 tsp
Ghee – 2 tsp
Cooking Soda – 2 pinch
Oil for deep frying
1. Sift the flours together with salt, chilli powder, dhania powder, aniseed and mix well.
2. In a plate take ghee, cooking soda and rub with finger tips until frothy.
3. Mix flour to this and blend well.
4. Add onion, green chillies, coriander leaves, curry leaves, ginger paste and mix well.
5. Heat oil in a kadai.
6. Divide the flour into 3 portions and sprinkle very little water to one portion and mix like a thick dough.
7. Take the mixture and crumble it into big pieces and put directly in hot oil.
8. Fry well turning all the sides, using a slotted spoon, until crisp.
9. Transfer it to a colander.
10. Allow it to cool and transfer it to an airtight container.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !