Kohlrabi with leaves – 1 kg
Vegetable Oil – 3 tbsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Salt to taste
Water – 1 1/2 cups
Dry Red Chillies – 4, deseeded
Tikki Masala – 1/2 tsp, crushed
1. Separate the leaves of the kohlrabi and cut their stems.
2. Then peel and slice them into wafer-thin pieces.
3. Wash the leaves and slices well and keep inside.
4. Heat the oil a heavy bottomed pot.
5. Add the kohlrabi, asafoetida and salt.
6. Stir and then add the leaves.
7. Cook for 2 minutes.
8. Add the water and dry red chillies.
9. Cook covered on a high flame for 10 minutes.
10. Stir occasionally.
11. Lower the flame and add the tikki masala.
12. Stir well and cook uncovered over a low flame for 5 to 7 minutes.
13. Traditionally the gravy is thin in consistency, but you can cook to your preference.
14. Serve hot with steamed rice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !