Wholewheat Flour – 2 cups plus a bit more for dusting
Water as required
Butter or Oil
For the Filling:
Dried Mint/Freshly Chopped Mint Leaves – 4 tblsp, crushed
Salt to taste
1. Put the flour in a bowl. Add water and knead well to a make a pliable dough.
2. Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes.
3. Divide the dough into equal portions/balls.
4. Dust the surface with flour, roll out each ball into a circle.
5. Rub the top with butter or oil.
6. Sprinkle with mint and salt.
7. Pleat up the circle and twist the dough into a rope.
8. Coil the rope to make a ball. Repeat to make more layers in the paratha.
9. Heat a tawa, place a paratha on it.
10. Dribble butter/oil around the sides and cook on medium heat until golden.
11. Turn and cook the other side the same way.