Long Grain Rice – 3/4 cup
Red Lentils – 1/4 cup
Warm Water – 1 cup
Salt – 1 tsp
Ground Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Chopped Fresh Coriander – 2 tblsp
Oil for frying and drizzling
1. Place the rice and lentils in a large bowl, cover with the warm water, cover and soak for atleast 8 hours or overnigh.
2. Drain off the water and reserve.
3. Place the rice and lentils in a food processor and blend until smooth.
4. Blend in the reserved water.
5. Scrape into a bowl, cover with a clear film and leave in a warm place to ferment for about 24 hours.
6. Stir in a salt, turmeric, pepper and coriander.
7. Heat a heavy frying pan over a medium heat for a few minutes until hot. Smear with oil and add about 2 to 3 tblsp of the batter.
8. Using a rounded base of a soup spoon, gently spread the batter out using a circular motion to make a pancake that is about 6 inch in diameter.
9. Cook in the pan for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes or until set.
10. Drizzle a little oil over the pancake and around the edges.
11. Turn over and cook for about 1 minute or until golden brown.
12. Keep the cooked pancakes warm in a low oven or a plate over simmering water while cooking the remaining batter.
13. Serve warm.