Fresh Coriander – small bunch
New Potatoes – 12, halved
Plain Yogurt – 1 1/4 cups
Water – 1 1/4 cups
Ground Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Ground Coriander – 1 tsp
Ground Cumin – 1/2 tsp
Soft Brown Sugar – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 1 tblsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Green Chillies – 2, sliced
1. Cut off the roots and any thick stalks from the coriander and chop it finely. Set aside.
2. Boil the potatoes in salted water with their skins on until they are just tender, then drain and set aside.
3. Mix together the yogurt, water, turmeric, chilli powder, ground coriander, ground cumin, sugar and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a medium, heavy pan and stir in the cumin seeds. Fry for a minute.
5. Reduce the heat, stir in the spicy yogurt mixture and cook for about 3 minutes over medium heat.
6. Add the chopped fresh coriander, green chillies and cooked potatoes.
7. Blend everything together and cook for a further 5-7 minutes, stirring from time to time.
8. Serve hot.