Garlic – 1 tsp
Root Ginger – 1 tsp, grated, fresh
Pomegranate Seeds – 1 tsp, coarsely ground
Coriander – 1 tsp, ground
Salt – 1 tsp
Tomato Puree – 2 tblsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Water – 4 tblsp
Coriander – 3 tblsp, chopped, fresh
Corn Oil – 2 tblsp
Prawns – 12 large, cooked
Onion – 1 medium, sliced into rings
1. Put the garlic, ginger, pomegranate seeds, ground coriander, salt, chilli powder, tomato puree and water in a bowl. Stir in 2 tblsp of the chopped coriander. Add the oil and mix well.
2. Peel the prawns, rinse them gently and pat them dry on kitchen paper. Using a sharp knife, make a small slit at the back of each prawn and remove the black vein. Open out each prawn to make a butterfly shape.
3. Add the prawns to the spice mixture, making sure they are all well coated. Leave to marinate for about 2 hours.
4. Cut four squares of foil. Preheat the oven to 230C. When the prawns are ready, place 3 prawns and a few onion rings on to each square of foil, garnishing each with a little fresh coriander and fold up into little packets.
5. Bake the prawns for 12-15 minutes. Put the foil packets on individual serving plates and open them up at the table so that the fragrance from the prawns is sealed until the last minute.