Garlic – 1 tsp
Root Ginger – 1 tsp, grated, fresh
Pomegranate Seeds – 1 tsp, coarsely ground
Coriander – 1 tsp, ground
Salt – 1 tsp
Tomato Puree – 2 tblsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Water – 4 tblsp
Coriander – 3 tblsp, chopped, fresh
Corn Oil – 2 tblsp
Prawns – 12 large, cooked
Onion – 1 medium, sliced into rings
1. Put the garlic, ginger, pomegranate seeds, ground coriander, salt, chilli powder, tomato puree and water in a bowl. Stir in 2 tblsp of the chopped coriander. Add the oil and mix well.
2. Peel the prawns, rinse them gently and pat them dry on kitchen paper. Using a sharp knife, make a small slit at the back of each prawn and remove the black vein. Open out each prawn to make a butterfly shape.
3. Add the prawns to the spice mixture, making sure they are all well coated. Leave to marinate for about 2 hours.
4. Cut four squares of foil. Preheat the oven to 230C. When the prawns are ready, place 3 prawns and a few onion rings on to each square of foil, garnishing each with a little fresh coriander and fold up into little packets.
5. Bake the prawns for 12-15 minutes. Put the foil packets on individual serving plates and open them up at the table so that the fragrance from the prawns is sealed until the last minute.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !