Onion – 1
Spinach leaves – 1 1/2 cups, chopped
Orange – 1, sour and thin skinned
Butter – 1 tblsp
Fresh cream – 1 tblsp
Cheese – 1 tblsp, grated
Salt – as required
Sugar – as required
For Spice Bag (Crush Coarsely)
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Cloves – 2
Garlic – 2 flakes
Black Pepper – few
1. Chop onions length wise.
2. Peel the outer skin of the orange. Remove seeds, pith, skin and separate into segments.
3. Crush the spices for spice bag coarsely and tie it in a small muslin cloth.
4. Heat butter and fry onions and then add chopped spinach leaves.
5. Stir till the leaves shrink and moisture is absorbed in reduced flame.
6. Pour just enough water to cover, add orange pieces, spice bag and pressure cook for 5 minutes.
7. Cool down and then discard the spice bag after squeezing well.
8. Blend in a mixie and strain through a sieve.
9. Dilute with water and then add salt and sugar.
10. Reheat till boiling point in reduced flame stirring in between.
11. Pour hot in individual bowls and top with whipped fresh cream.
12. Sprinkle finely grated cheese.
13. Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !