800 gms Red Spinach
200 gms Potatoes, peeled and diced
90 gms Coconut, grated
Salt to taste
2 tbsp Coconut oil
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 tsp Urad dal, washed and dried
1 Onion, sliced
2 sprigs Curry leaves
1 inch piece Ginger, julienned
6 green Chillies, julienned
1. Parboil the potatoes with salt, drain and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a kdai. Add mustard seeds. When they splutter, add urad dal and fry till golden brown. Add onions and fry till translucent. Add ginger, green chillies and curry leaves and fry well.
3. Add the spinach and fry till almost dry. Then put the potatoes and cook till done and the moisture evaporates.
4. Add grated coconut and toss for a minute.
5. Remove from heat and serve hot as an accompaniment with rice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !