Haleem is a popular meat dish prepared during Ramadan. This is a vegetarian version made using Soy Granules.
Wheat rawa (broken) – 250 gms, soaked overnight
Soya granules – 250 gms, soaked overnight
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tblsp
Onion – 1 tblsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tblsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Curd – 1/2 cup
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Pure ghee – 1/2 cup
Oil – 2 tblsp
Salt – to taste
Fresh coriander leaves and mint leaves – 1/2 cup
Fresh coriander leaves
Fried cashew pieces
1. Cook the soaked wheat rawa in a pressure cooker with water and keep aside. After cooling, grind into paste.
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion till golden brown.
3. Remove half and keep aside for garnishing .
4. Lower the heat and add ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
5. Drain the soaked soya granules and add to the masalas.
6. Fry till the water evaporates. Then add curd and cook a little.
7. Take another heavy bottomed pan. Add the rawa paste, cooked soya curry, ghee, garam masala powder, some fresh coriander leaves and mint leaves, and mix thoroughly.
8. If the mixture is thick, then add more water.
9. Place the pan on a low flame and cook the mixture of soya, stirring continuously till the mixture becomes sticky.
10. Serve hot after garnishing.