Ragi is a good source of natural iron, calcium, protein and amino acids. This recipe is a great way to introduce Ragi to children and also to adults who have not tried ragi before. Ragi Noodles can be served for lunch and also can be packed for school or office lunch.
Ragi Noodles (Finger Millet) – 1 cup
Red Capsicum – 1/4 cup, cut lengthwise
Green Capsicum – 1/4 cup, cut lengthwise
Yellow Capsicum – 1/4 cup, cut lengthwise
Garlic – 1 clove, crushed
Onion – 1, sliced
Tomato Sauce – as required
Black Pepper Powder – a pinch
Butter – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Carrot – 1/2 cup, sliced
Spring Onions – 2 tblsp, chopped, for garnishing
1. Heat a pan of water over medium flame.
2. Add a pinch of salt and 1/4 tsp of oil.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Add the noodles and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Remove, drain excess water and rinse under cold water.
6. Keep aside.
7. Heat oil and butter in a pan over medium flame.
8. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
9. Add the onions and capsicums.
10. Cook for a minute or two.
11. Add the tomato sauce and stir well.
12. Add salt and stir again.
13. Now add the noodles and stir gently to mix all ingredients properly.
14. Sprinkle pepper powder on top and remove from flame.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !