A delicious crispy snack.
Maida – 1 cup
Ghee – 2 tblsp, melted
Moong Dal – 1/4 cup
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Ginger – 1/4 tsp, minced
Green Chillies – 1/4 tsp, minced
Coriander Powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Mango Powder – 2 tsp
Gram Flour – 1 tblsp
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Mix maida and ghee in a bowl.
2. Add 1/4 tsp salt and little water.
3. Knead well to a firm dough.
4. Make small balls of the dough and keep aside.
5. Heat 1 to 2 tblsp oil in a frying pan over medium flame.
6. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida powder.
7. Fry for 30 seconds.
8. Add the moong dal and fry for a minute.
9. Now add the green chilli paste, ginger paste, garam masala powder, gram flour, red chilli powder, mango powder, coriander powder and salt.
10. Mix well and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
11. Roll the dough into small/medium circle and add 1 or 2 tsp of the filling in the center.
12. Fold well and roll again ensuring the filling does not come out.
13. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
14. Fry the prepared kachoris until golden brown on both sides and puffed up.
15. Remove and drain excess oil.
16. To serve, crack a hole in the centre of the kachori.
17. Add 2 to 3 tblsp of beaten curd.
18. Add green chutney, sweet tamarind chutney, red chilli powder, onions, cumin powder, coriander leaves and salt on top.
19. Garnish with sev and serve.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !