A simple and tasty sandwich with mint chutney. Ideal for picnics, school lunch, evening snacks or short eats.
Bread Slices – 4, crusts removed
Butter as required
Cucumber – few slices (optional)
Tomato – 1, sliced (optional)
Mint Leaves – 1 bunch, chopped
Coriander Leaves – big handful, chopped
Green Chillies – 2, medium
Garlic – 1 clove, peeled, chopped
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, peeled, chopped
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Juice of 1/4 Lemon
Salt as per taste
1. Finely chop the mint and coriander leaves.
2. Transfer to a mixer along with green chillies, garlic, ginger, sugar, lemon juice and some salt.
3. Blend well until smooth.
4. Add salt if needed and transfer to a bowl.
5. Place the bread slices on a flat surface.
6. Spread 1 slice with butter and other slice with the chutney.
7. Top up with cucumber and tomato slices and cover.
8. Cut into squares or triangles or halves.
9. Serve at once.
Tip: You can also prepare the chutney in advance and keep it in the fridge until required. Any leftover chutney can also be kept in the fridge for up to 2 to 3 days.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !