Grind to paste:
Poppy seeds – 1 1/2 tblsp (soaked in hot water)
Green or red chillies – 8
Pepper – 1/4 tsp
Ginger – 1/2 piece
Garlic – 8 flakes
Small onions (peeled) – 1 cup
Aniseed – 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1tsp
1. Slice onions, potatoes, beans, brinjals and cabbage lengthwise.
2. Cook peas, beans and potatoes till just soft.
3. Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and then onion, brinjals.
4. Fry till golden and add ground paste with salt.
5. Fry for few minutes till good smell comes.
6. Add boiled vegetables and cook in medium flame till gravy becomes thick.