A simple to make lip-smacking evening/teatime snack with minced mutton. Serve with chutney of choice.
Mutton – 100 gms, boneless, minced, cooked
Bengal Gram Dal – 2 tblsp
Saunf – 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/8 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tblsp
Green Chillies – 2, chopped
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Onions – 1 tblsp, chopped
Roasted Gram Flour – 2 tsp
Oil as required for frying
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Coriander Leaves – handful
Curry Leaves – handful
Salt as per taste
1. Mix the bengal gram dal, saunf, cumin seeds and green chillies in a bowl.
2. Add enough water and soak them for 30 to 45 minutes.
3. Drain well and grind to a coarse paste.
4. Add the minced mutton and grind to a thick paste.
5. Mix the gram flour, garam masala powder and asafoetida powder in a bowl.
6. Mix the onions, curry leaves, ginger garlic paste, coriander leaves and salt.
7. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
8. Shape the mixture into small/medium balls and flatten them lightly.
9. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
10. Fry the prepared vadais until golden brown.
11. Remove and drain excess oil.
12. Serve hot with chutney of choice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !