Lemon Sevai (or Lemon Idiyappam) is a very popular South Indian dish often served for breakfast, lunch or evening snack. It is a very simple dish to make and does not take a lot of time. Making the sevai can be time consuming for some, so you can use ready-made idiyappam.
If you do not want to use ready-made idiyappam/sevai, use this plain sevai recipe to make it at home.
Lemon Sevai (Lemon idiyappam) Recipe
Ingredients for Lemon Sevai (Lemon idiyappam)
- 2 cup Sevai (Idiyappam) store-bought or homemade
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Bengal Gram Dal (Channa Dal)
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- pinch Asafoetida Powder
- 1-2 Broken Red Chillies
- 2 Green Chillies slit
- 2 sprigs Curry Leaves
- pinch Turmeric Powder
- Cashewnuts few
How to make Lemon Sevai (Lemon idiyappam)
- Place the sevai on a bowl.
- Mix salt and lemon juice in a small cup. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the cashewnuts lightly and remove. Keep aside until required.
- Add the ingredients for seasoning and fry for 30 seconds or until the dal turns light golden brown
- Add the sevai to the pan and gently toss well to mix.
- Add lime juice, chopped coriander and mix gently until all ingredients are properly combined.
- Garnish with fried cashewnuts.
- Serve with coconut chutney.