2 cups prepared sevai
1 – 1 1/2 tbsp bengalgram dal (chana dal)
juice of one large lemon
2 tbsp gingely oil
1 tbsp chopped coriander
salt to taste
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
a pinch of asafoetida
1-2 red chillies, broken
2 green chillies, slit
2 sprigs curry leaves
large pinch of turmeric powder
1. Soak bengal gram dal for 1/2 hour and when soft, strain all the water, set aside.
2. Take out juice of the lemon, add salt, mix. Keep sevai on a plate.
3. Heat oil, add seasonings given in that order. When done, add soaked gram dal, stir fry till all the water us absorbed and the dal has turned soft. Remove from fire. Pour onto sevai.
4. Add lime juice, chopped coriander and mix thoroughly, but lightly (use a fork for this).
5. Serve with coconut chutney.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !