This Indian style Veg Macaroni is a perfect lunch time or evening snack for your children. You can add an assortment of vegetables, depending on what your child likes. Delicious, quick & easy to make meal for kids.
Macaroni Pasta – 2 cups
Carrots – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Oil – 4 to 5 tsp
Tomato Sauce – 2 to 3 tblsp
Mustard Seeds – little
Curry Leaves – few
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Coriander Leaves – few
Optional (add more vegetables if preferred):
Onions – 1/4 cup, chopped
Capsicum – 1/4 cup, chopped
Spring Onions – 2 tblsp, to garnish
1. Heat a pan of salted water over medium flame.
2. Add the macaroni pasta and cook until aldente.
3. Drain well and keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
5. Fry the mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida powder for 30 seconds.
6. Add the carrots, macaroni, tomato sauce, red chilli powder and stir well.
7. Cook for a minute or two.
8. Remove from flame and add lemon juice.
9. Mix well and garnish with coriander leaves.
10. Serve at once.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !